Welcome to the Neobotix Documentation for MPO-500
The mobile robot MPO-500 features four Mecanum wheels which provide an extraordinary manoeuvrability. Each Mecanum wheel has several independent rollers mounted along its circumference. The axles of the rollers are rotated at 45° to the wheel's main axle. This design enables the robot to instantly move into any direction: the Mecanum wheels make it truly omnidirectional.
This kinematics offers a number of interesting advantages over other systems like Omni-wheels or the Omni-Drive-Modules of the MPO-700:
- Mecanum wheels have proven themselves worldwide since 1973,
- they require only a very simple and robust drive system,
- they allow instantaneous motion without alignment and
- the required control software is very simple.
These extraordinary features have made Mecanum wheels a very popular solution especially in robotics research.
|Payload:||Default 50 kg, high payload 150 kg|
|Dimensions:||986 x 662 x 409 (LxWxH, in mm)|
up to 7 h or up to 3 km
|Sensors:|| 1 or 2 x 2D laser scanner|
8 x ultrasonic sensors (optional)
|Control via:|| External PC (WLAN)|
For more information please visit our website at www.neobotix-robots.com. If you have any questions, just get in touch with us:
- General information: http://www.neobotix-robots.com/company-contact.html
- ROS related questions: email@example.com